Friday, December 7, 2012

NOLA baby!!!

Well folks, we're on the road again...
Just can't wait to get on the road again!
NOT!
I'm over it!
We're halfway to Nashville and its taking FOREVER!
We have Dakota with us on this trip, so we had to seek out all the pet friendly hotels, which is not so fun! 
Lucky for us, Mr.Sheraton loves him some 4 legged companions. Did we get looks going through the lobby where D strutted her stuff through all the convention attending suits?! You bet ya!
But I prefer to think its because she's the cutest freaking dog they've ever seen! Mmmka?! ;)
She's been pretty good on the road trip, other than when we were 5 mins from the hotel and she threw up in my cup holder. Michael let her eat his fries! And I know it's not the safest way for her to travel, but she loves her little makeshift crows nest/perch we made her between our seats.

Have a mentioned I despise being in the car?! I'm a 5hr road tripper and that's a max!
This 20hr b.s. is not cool! Luckily my hubs agreed to break it up a little.
We spent our first night in NOLA!
Dakota enjoying the skyline... 35 stories up!

I love New Orleans, everyone is in great mood and ready to party.
Not to mention the awesome people watching!

Last night we went to our favorite restaurant, Oceana Grill. If you are ever in New Orleans, GO! It's not too pricy, you don't have to wait forever to get in and the portions are huge! We originally went for the grilled redfish with a creamy seafood sauce, but our appetizers stuffed us so unfortunately we had to pass. The crab cakes are out of this world, the gator was good but chewy, but the oysters... AMAZEBALLS! Garlicy, parmasean goodness!!! Yumm!!!
  Ok stop drooling...
We decided we needed to get a good nights sleep in order to make the 8hr drive to Nashville doable, so we only had one hurricane and one hand grenade ;)
That was enough! Ha.
Although the streets were absolutely dead, I guess due to the holidays, we still had fun seeing the random marching bands and human sculptures.
 

Up next, the country music capital of the world (and my new favorite tv show)...
Nashville!

3 comments:

  1. I have been considering a vacay there for a while! Looks like so much fun!



    I am doing a Holiday Giveaway from Sephora! Hope you stop by and enter!

    Happy Holidays,


    Brooke♥ ❤ ❥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about Nashville! It is also my favorite show too!!

    Lyndsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of that restaurant. Ill h e to try next time!!

    ReplyDelete