Monday, December 31, 2012

To New Beginnings!

Call off the search party! I'm here, I'm here.
I know what you're thinking...
'girl, how you gonna move 1/2 way across the country and not check in with us everyone once in a while?'  
I KNOW! Terrible!!!
 
I have been here for over 3 weeks now and NOTHING is complete. I know, it takes more than a few weeks to get things how you want them. My mom came to visit (sent like a little angel from heaven) for 10 whole days. THANK GOD! Mom always makes everything better. You wouldn't believe what we were able to accomplish...

 I have the entire downstairs painted with exception to the powder bath, but its behind a closed door so it can wait. Remember how the previous owner was OBSESSED with pastels?! GONE! ewwww 

THESE ARE NOT FINISHED ROOMS, SIMPLY BEFORE/AFTER UPDATED COLORS!
Dining Room

Office

 Front door/ Railing/ Shutters
Yes, we've only done the bottom so far, but it already looks so much better than that awful green!

My mom was determined to get something up on the walls, so here is the beginning of my gallery wall in the living room.

The largest task I took on: removing the pantry.
Yes, i did! It was way too small and took up a lot of potential cabinet space. I took my little hiney on over to THE Home Depot and bought myself a sledge hammer. We got back home and I went to town, only it wasn't working well, Mike gave me a few swinging lessons and I tried it again. I followed his instructions and "followed thru"...
*the events that are about to take place are all Michael's fault, since I was following his instructions.
I took a huge swing, followed thru and BAM hit the pantry, RECOILED and smacked THE GLASS STOVE COUNTERTOP! (hanging head)
NOT my proudest moment...
I did want to upgrade the appliances to stainless afterall! ;)

After much debate and my hubby actually agreeing to stainless, I decided not to upgrade. I think our kitchen will still look beautiful with all I plan to do, so I decided to save the money for something else. So long story short here are the progression pics.

My mom, Michael and I hung the new cabinets and now they are just all waiting for the stain. Eeeeekk!!! That's my goal for next week. We've already priced out new countertops and have decided to go with granite, hopefully that will be in by the end of next week too! The kitchen will seriously be unrecognizable!

Amongst all the work around our home, we did have an awesome Christmas just us three. We attended mass at the beautiful St. Andrews Catholic Church.

Seriously GORGEOUS!! We took an afternoon off to prepare the most amazing Christmas dinner: turkey, dressing, squash casserole, green bean bundles and mashed potatoes. It was PERFECT!

On today's agenda: finish caulking the crown molding in the dining. As for the hubby, he's been obsessed with getting the hot tub ready!

Everyone have a FUN, SAFE New Year's!!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!! So are you storing food in the cabinets then or building a replacement pantry?

    ReplyDelete