Thursday, November 15, 2012

Furball Printables

It's my favorite day of the week thanks to Stephanie & Katie's fab link up!
Saw it. Pinned it. Did it.


I’m kind of a sucker for printables, so when I kept coming across these dog silhouette prints on pinterest I knew I had to recreate one of my one and only furball, Dakota. 

via
via

And to answer your question, NO, it is not a 20"x24" print on my wall!!  
Let's not be that girl! 
I merely made an 8x10 to frame for my gallery wall.

Who am I kidding? Yes! I’ve turned into that lady that loves her dog so much, 
she has to have all things cocker…  
HOWEVER, you will NOT find me sporting the “I love my dog sweatshirt”

 Nor do I have the “my cocker is smarter than your honor student" bumpersticker...

Y’all, I haven’t even put this “guard dog” sign in the front yard… yet!
jk. it won’t happen, promise!

BUT, I do love my little girl, so any artsy way to display my love for her,
WILL HAPPEN!

All you need:
An internet connection
Photo editor website (photoshop/pixlr)
Clipart
Printer
Frame
 ADORABLE DOG for inspiration!

I chose to go with pixlr editor (advanced).
Open a "new image," which I used 1024x768, then open your clip art.
Simply use your magic wand tool to select your clip art & "move" it to your "new image" page, finally use your paint bucket tool to color the designated areas.

Volia! 


For now, she's propped up on the tv stand until my gallery wall gets going...


9 comments:

  1. Looks great! Such a cute personal touch to your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl if i can monogram or personalize anything, consider it done! ha

      Delete
  2. adorable! looks so good :) anything dog related I LOVE!

    Thank you for linking up again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm a little obsessed with finding anything I can DIY. You can better believe I will be on your link up every Thursday!

      Delete
  3. Stopping by from the linkup... that's so cute! Being a dog mommy, I am in love with this idea! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! It really was a super easy one to do :)

      Delete
  4. I love this! Gonna have to make one for my Chandler, a terrier mix. Just found your blog, very cute! Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to add you to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I'm buying you that sweatshirt. DOne deal. You need it. ;) PS-this printable is precious!! Now I just need a dog so I can make one...minor detail lol.

    Thanks so much for linking up with us again this week!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete