Monday, November 12, 2012

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday! Not! Well at least it’s not your normal Monday, over here anyway. 
Working for the govt has its perks, you receive Floating Holidays!
(aka. work, said holiday, and get an extra day off!) I chose the latter, obvi! 

So my day off was Friday, and what’s a girl to do when the Nutcracker Market comes to town?! Put on your newest riding boots (lots of walking), grab your girls and get to shopping. If you want see grown women dressed to the nines and running around like chickens scouting the nearest bar for their next glass of champagne... Get in line! And yes, there is a LONG line!

If anything will get you into the Christmas spirit, it’s the Nutcracker Market. People are everywhere, buying gifts and things they don’t need, BUT it is magical!

And being the DIYer that I am, I’m taking pics of “all the things I can make myself!” 
Yes, I’m that girl! 
1. Burlap Stockings
2. Painted Letters
3. Sparkly Wreath
           
Yes, I have lived in Texas my entire life, but I've never been interested in Texas/Rustic decor... until I met this guy a few weeks ago... 

Add bling or shimmer to ANYTHING and I WANT IT!! 
Insert this beauty:
 He had a pretty gorgeous price tag too of $2,500.


The rest of the weekend was devoted to football! Who doesn't love a reason to tailgate?! 
Plus, it was homecoming weekend for the UH Cougars! 


We mosied (stumbled) on over to PubFiction to watch the A&M game... i must say, if you're not an A&M fan, just watch a game with these people and they will convert you. It probably didn't hurt that they beat the #1 team or anything... 

Have a great week!! 
Tune in: some pretty exciting news is coming at the end of this week!!



3 comments:

  1. That market thing looks really fun! I would love to go to that!


    =)


    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all for big crowds (Black Friday is my Christmas!) But this event is wayyyy too crowded! Gotta do it once though if you have the chance. Thanks for following!

      Delete
  2. Seeing the pictures from Pub made me super excited for the Aggies all over again! Good times.

    ReplyDelete