Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thanksgiving is OVER?!

WOW! So you know what I realized this past week?
I am terrible at this whole blogging thing!
Especially when I have 1,000 boxes to pack, I’m organizing everything for my last days at work and moving next week. YIKES! Plenty of excuses…

So let's finally recap my turkey weekend.
My cousins and I woke up bright and early to run our annual 10k turkey trot. Michelle and I always stick together and really push one another AND we actually did pretty good this year with a time of 1:09!

Thanksgiving Day was spent at my aunt’s house where there were casseroles on top of casseroles. Delish! We were able to watch the Texans game & strategize our Black Friday shopping adventures.

So, I know you're dying to know what madness was endured for Black Friday, especially since Sears was my number one stop! Ha. Guess that's what happens when you buy a house! 

To my surprise Sears Black Friday sales started online that morning!!
Jackpot!
I was able to order everything I wanted and ship it all to Roanoke for free!!! I was happy and so was the hubby because now he didn't have to go wait in lines with me. We (and our neighbors) are eagerly awaiting the arrival of our new lawnmower...
I can't wait to bust out the miter saw and nail gun and spiff up the new place with crown molding EVERYWHERE!! I may even allow Michael to use it on the deck ;)
And of course, a wet/dry vac has MULTIPLE USES... we HAD to get one!
Now one would think, awesome I don't have to go shopping now! Wrong!!!
Now I get to choose a NEW “door buster” location.
Insert: Walmart!
The madness!
Some say, “girl, you cray for doing that”… BUT, I look at it as a challenge!

Two years ago my work gave me an iPad, unfortunately I have to return it. So that's what I was after! Two hours later.... I had a voucher! Ha. Trust me though, the people watching was soooo worth it! So I'm still waiting on the iPad, but I think the $75 gift card was worth it! 

Next stop, Target! The line to check out was around the store! I was NOT waiting! What's a girl to do?! Grab everything you want and hide it!! Bhahaha.
Hey, it worked!! 

Our final event for the weekend was the last UH game at Robertson Stadium.
UH is designing a $105 million dollar bigger, better version ;)
So of course Michelle and I had to take one last photo from our tailgate. Go Coogs!

1 comment: