Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fredericksburg Shopping Trip

I really look forward to our annual girl’s trip to Fredericksburg, TX. My mom, aunts, cousin (Taryn) and I scour the shops of the little ole town until we drop, quite literally.
  

We curse the shops that have tape across the big comfy chairs when our feet are pounding… how am I supposed to test out and see if I want to pay $2K for your cow hide chair if I can’t sit in it?! JOKING! But not at the prices… place has gotten PRICEY! I’m usually very much a Forever 21, H&M, Target kind of girl; but something about these little boutiques makes my heart pitter patter. Plus it’s nice to NOT have the same clothes as every other “trendy” girl in town.

Taryn & I
We were all so excited for our shopping weekend, not to mention the below 90 degree temps we were expecting! Mr. Weatherman said we were going to have beautiful sunny days, high around 68. WRONG! No way, weathermen don’t lie! The high was 56, BIG DIFFERENCE to this Texas girl. What’s a girl to do?

                                                       Drink up, until you warm up!


They had Pink Margaritas too, to promote Breast Cancer Awareness… of course, we HAD to get one!


There are always "characters" in the town and it never fails, you will always see something picture-worthy. This guy had EVERYONE talkin..

The best part, the Food and Wine Festival was in town. Needless to say, we ate AND drank, A LOT. I swear I gained 10lbs. You try leaving Fiesta Winery without buying 3 bottles of vino after trying nearly every wine on the list! Impossible! But I always say… PROMOTE small businesses!


The décor is always so beautiful and I always get great ideas for decorating and DIY. Look for these upcoming pinterest-worthy projects:



LOVED this unique chandelier!
"Hello Sexy" ha.
 
Spray branches, add mirror... easy enough.
I see a headboard in my future.


AND.... THE most swoon-worthy item of the trip… the zebra stenciled acid stained cowhide WITH gold accents!!!!!!! Ahhhhh.. she can be yours for $750.



1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fantastic shopping trip!
    Lovin' the pink margarita! Yummm!


    Happy Halloween!



    Brooke

    ReplyDelete